"Beauty of the faded. I am attached to the old materials – mica broken glass, old sheet metal, etc. I combine them with objet trouvé and sometimes with light. I use stories, contained in discarded things and I compose them into a rebus; the flesh of understanding. A story familiar to everybody isn't interesting. Neither is the story that nobody understands."
Marten Winter, 1992
Marten Winters (born 1969 in Heerenveen) is a Dutch filmmaker / visual artist. Marten is an autodidact and has made (video) installations and video films that have been screened nationally and internationally. His films The Way of the Flesh and My Models Fly Better were shown in Rotterdam.
- Nieuwe gezichten, aankopen 2004/2007, Fries Museum, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
- Future Glimpse, RAMgalerie, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Reverse & Please leave (video), Scope New York, Lincoln center, New York, USA
- Friesland Schetst, Stichting VHDG, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
- Interlude 2004-2006
Short films, International Film Festival Rotterdam,CBK Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Narratives of Desire, in co-operation with Jeanne van Heeswijk, 4 (video)installations
or the exibition Reality Odense 10’55, Kunsthallen Brandts, Denmark
- Spellbound, videoworks and digital prints, Kunstverein Grafshaft Bentheim, Germany.
- Narratives of Desire, in co-operation with Jeanne van Heeswijk 4 (video)installations,
exibition We Are the World, Museum For Modern Art, Arnhem, The Netherlands
- SOME 7 & In the field of players, video-instalations,in co-operation with Jeanne van Heeswijk, RAMgallery on ART Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- All of your friends are offline [part 1 & 2], exibition: a journey through my room, KIK-foundation, Kolderveen, The Netherlands
- Interlude Series of short films, Mücsarnok-Kunsthalle Budapest, Hungary
- Not to be told & Reverse (video), Scope London, UK
- All of your friends are offline [part 1 & 2] Hermitage Helmond, Helmond, The Netherlands
- Reverse & Please Leave (video), Art Basel- Miami Florida, USA
- Please Leave & Hotel Helsinki (video), Scope Miami – Miami Florida, USA
- In the Field of Players,
video-installation, temporary museum for contemporary art, Schijndel, The Netherlands
- Interlude: new & new laid, exibition Log Line, video, Studio Gallery Budapest, Hungary.
- Tsunami: Manhattan, in co-operation with Aldwin van Krimpen,
series of short performances, photo shoots, New York, USA (in progress)
- Interlude: Zandoog, internetproject on www.archipel.nu
- Watching Elisa & John, video-installation, KunstEyssen, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
- TAKE  video-installation, Museum Boymans van Beuningen, Rotterdam
- Interlude: Zandoog DVD presentation at Cinema Scope, New York, USA
- After All (video) Cinema Scope, London, UK
- Some7: single screen version, (video)
Transit.hu in co-operation with Kunstverein Munich, Budapest, Hungary
- After All (video) Cinema Scope, Miami, USA
- SOME 7, in co-operation with Jeanne van Heeswijk, RAMgallery, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- INTERLUDE 2005, video, International Film FestivalRotterdam, The Netherlands
and many others...